The Free Budapest Walking Tours Team is happy to announce that as spring is arriving, we are opening more and more starting times for our free tours in Budapest! 🙂
Let’s see some of the changes:
- The Free Budapest Tour (about and on the Pest side of the river, meeting point: Elisabeth square) will run every day at 10:30 am, from the week that starts with the 28th of March 2022
- The Free Buda Castle Tour (about and on the Buda side, meeting point: Batthyány square) will also run every day at 2:30 pm, from the week that starts with the 28th of March 2022
- The Free Jewish Quarter Tour (about the Jewish history and Jewish quarter of Budapest, meeting point: Elisabeth square) will run at 3:30 pm on the 17th & 19th of March 2022 (because there will be a Jewish holiday called Purim). From the 19th of March, every Saturday at 3:30 pm we will have a Jewish Tour in Budapest. From the 31st of March at 3:30pm , there will be a Free Jewish District Tour every Thursdays as well. On the 18th and 25th of April we will also run this free walking tour in Budapest.
- The Free Communism Tour (on the Pest side, about the Communist dictatorship in Hungary after World War 2, meeting point: Elisabeth square) will run on Fridays at 3:30 pm from the 25th of March. There will be a Free Communism Walk on the 17th of April as well (Easter Sunday)
- The Free Evening Tour (on and about the Pest side, meeting point: Elisabeth square) will run on the 2nd and 9th of April at 6:30 pm, and then from the 15th of April we will have it every Fridays and Saturdays at 6:30 pm
- The Free Street Art Tour will also start running soon, stay tuned for more info here and on our Facebook page as well!
Hungarian National Holiday on the 15th of March
Every year on the 15th of March we remember the 1848-49 revolution against the Austrian Empire. There will be celebrations in the city center; it is a bank holiday, shops, shopping malls (except for some non-stop grocery stores) will be closed, but museums, bathhouses for example will be open.
See you soon on our free tours in Budapest! 🙂