News of Covid-19 in Hungary & The Free Budapest Walking Tours Team
Dear Everyone, in this post we would like to let you know the latest steps of the gradual reopening in Hungary after a long Covid-19 related lockdown…
Since we reached the number 4 million regarding the number of vaccinated people in Hungary (who got at least the first dose of any Covid-19 vaccination), from last Saturday, 1st of May 2021, the following easing happened to our restrictions:
- Curfew changes from 11pm-5am to midnight-5am
- Shops can be open until 11om instead of 9:30pm
- Restaurants, cafés, bars can open their indoor parts, too (after opening their terraces about a week ago) but only those can visit them, who got their immunity certificates with them (in other words, got at least their first jab). Children can go with their parents/grandparents as well
- Hotels, accommodations can reopen for those who got their immunity certificates already, children can go, too
- Leisure facilities that had to close down in November 2020 can reopen for those who got their immunity certificates. These are zoos, museums, theaters, cinemas, gyms, pools, libraries…
- Those who who got their immunity certificates and their children can visit sports events as well until 11pm and they do not have to wear a face mask during these events (everywhere else we still must wear our masks)
- Fishermen are the luckiest 🙂 because they can be out fishing all night long since last Saturday, the 1st of May
- Here you can read the latest official Coronavirus related news of Hungary
We, the Trip To Budapest – Free Budapest Walking Tours Team are really looking forward and preparing to reopen our daily free walking tours in Budapest, and we are going to do so once tourist traffic can restart and the European Union’s mutual vaccine passport will be working. We are keeping you updated, so keep an eye or two on our website and Facebook page as well if you wish to participate in any of our walking tours in Budapest in the future!
Hope to see you very soon, take care!