Coronavirus news of Hungary
As we have been doing in the last about 1 year, we are sharing the latest Covid-19 related news of Hungary on our blog in articles.
Today, the 7th of April 2021 marks the day when Hungary eases some restrictions to some extent. They said they would ease them once we reach 2.5 million vaccinated people (who got at least the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccination). Yesterday we reached this number, so let’s see what changed from today, the 7th of April 2021:
- 8pm-5am curfew changes to 10pm-5am from tonight
- service providers like hairdressers, cosmeticians, manicurists can reopen from today (they have been closed since the 8th of March 2021)
- shops can be open until 9:30 pm (instead of 7pm)
- there is a new rule for shops that are open: there can be 1 person / 10 square meters in the premises
- hotels, restaurants, cafés still can not reopen unfortunately, they can serve only takeaway and home delivery orders
Today there are about 2 million 535 thousand Hungarian people that have already got their first jab and about 1 million 5 thousand who got their second dose of the Covid-19 vaccination.
Liberty bridge & spring in Budapest (photo from: goodfon. com / Kvitochka )
Regarding our Free Budapest Walking Tours
At the moment we are still not able to operate our daily free walking tours in Budapest, but we are really looking forward to show you our beautiful capital city and entertain you with stories about our county and culture!
If you click on the following link, you can browse our free walking tours in Budapest. There will be one change once we can reopen (hopefully this summer…): the Free General Budapest Walking Tour will be divided into two parts, we will have a Free General Pest Walk and a Free General Buda Tour as well. Because of its renovation they have closed our iconic Chain bridge that we cross during our Free General Tour of Budapest, that is why we have to divide this free tour into two walking tours) More details later, when the time comes… 🙂