Program recommendations from the Free Budapest Walking Tours Team
Let us list a few things for you – besides our free tours – to do in Budapest in October 2022! 🙂
- World Press Photo Exhibition in the National Museum: one of the most awaited exhibitions of the year, the World Press Photo, which attracts huge interest every autumn, opened again in Budapest. The Budapest public can view the exhibition at the Hungarian National Museum, on the Múzeum boulevard, between the 23rd September and the 30th October.
- World music week in Óbuda, Kobuci garden: from the 4th of October until the 8th. As part of the IV. Óbuda World Music Week, one of the world’s most original, traditional Gypsy music bands, Parno Graszt, will play on the 7th of October 7. In addition to this 9-member orchestra known for its dynamic performances, another great band, Babra guarantees an unforgettable concert experience representing South Slavic folk music.
- Art Market Budapest in Bálna: Between the 6th and the 9th of October, the Art Market Budapest awaits you with a larger selection than ever before, around 120 exhibitors from 30 countries and thousands of works by more than 500 artists on the four floors of the Bálna Budapest building, covering a total of around 8,000 square meters.
- Restaurant Week: the Restaurant Week brought to life by DiningCity is being organized this year for the 22nd time, and it keeps the taste buds excited. Between the 6th and the 16th of October around 100 top domestic restaurants offer their three-course menus at friendly prices. Table reservations can only be made online from the 21st of September.
- October Biergarten in Gellért Hotel: The Serfőző (Beermaker) team will be on the terrace of the Gellért Hotel for 4 days, between the 6th and 9th of October and they will pour you light lagers into liter pints, the barmaids will walk around in Bavarian dresses, and the snacks that go well with beer will be also made by the Serfőző exhibitors.